Friday, May 13, 2011

Tomorrow I Leave

on the trip of a lifetime.

My bags are packed and my tickets are purchased. Some meetings are set up and some are yet to be set up. I will have to embrace this uncertainty; learn to live with it and thrive off it.

I have learned so much already just by preparing myself for this journey. I can only imagine how much I will learn by actually taking the trip.

My first stop is Madrid. Upon my arrival, I will be meeting up with Christina Clancey, an old friend from the Arizona State University Epsilon Beta chapter of Eta Kappa Nu, the electrical and computer engineering honors society, to obtain my introduction to the city and culture. By the end of the week, I will have visited the Solar Energy Institute at The Polytechnic University of Madrid and the headquarters of AsociaciĆ³n de la Industria Fotovoltaica. Hopefully, I will have picked up enough Spanish phrases to get me through the following week in Barcelona on my own.

Travel successes of the day include:
  • my first international phone call
  • the attachement of my trumpet case to the back of my backpack
Have a look:


And with that, I'm ready to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment